As we prepare for Fall, I am not so patiently waiting for the weather to change. Here in Houston we teeter between being able to cook eggs on your dash board and a random hurricane like thunderstorm to blow through - you never know what you're going to get.
I figured if I put all things "fall" out into the universe then it will actually start to transition. Let's first start off with this AMAZING, GOOD TO YOUR SOUL Apple Croissant Bake. First of all, croissants...need I say more?! It's something about freshly toasted croissants that's just *chef's kiss*.
I've got you covered with the step by step video but here is the quick info if you want to scan through....highly...HIGHLY suggest you watch the video too (wink!)
1 Baguette (pre-sliced...make it easy on yourself)
6 - 8 Eggs
1-2 cups of heavy whipping cream
2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 tbsp of cinnamon
6 small-medium croissants (cut in half)
2. Mix cream, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon. I am completely spoiled ever since I invested in a standing mixer. I love my Kitchen aid mixer - makes all my random baking/cooking escapades so much more fun! I have the silver but am loving this pink/rose gold color...fab right?
3. Pour mixture over first layer of sliced baguette bread and then layer with sliced croissants.
4. Add sliced apples, butter and cinnamon on top.
5. Pop in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees (give or take) you want to make sure the egg is cooked all the way through.
6. Pull out of the oven and allow to rest. In the meantime whip up your homemade cream cheese frosting.
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
Again, used my mixer to make this job easier. Do you smell this? Y'all it smells amazing.
Go ahead and drizzle the cream cheese and if you are feeling fancy add some chopped nuts, powder sugar and a little extra cream cheese. Don't be shy with the slice - fill your plate up.
If you take a look at the video you will also see an easy hack to make your box cake mix a little extra homemade.
Lastly, if you are on Pinterest be sure to pin the following flyers below to your board. Don't forget to follow Toast from the Host over there also.