As the seasons change and Houston is in spring mode and slowly getting ready full fledge summer, my food cravings sure do change. One of my favorite fun and party appetizer happens to be Mexican street corn. Not only is it tasty but it feeds a crowd EASY. Who doesn’t love easy?
3 cans of Canned Sweet Corn
2 tablespoons of Jalapeño Garlic seasoning, Pepper,
2 tablespoons of Mayo
1 stick of Unsalted Butter
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Garnish with Chopped Cilantro
Garnish with Paprika
1. Heat a skillet pan with extra virgin olive oil. Make sure oil is bubbling – be careful!
2. Drain canned corn and pour into skillet to begin to sauté the corn.
3. Begin to slice butter over the corn to coat the kernels
4. Sprinkle seasoning while tossing and folding corn over itself.
Note: You should begin to see the kernels getting darker in color
5. After heating, tossing and doing your Top Chef skills remove from heat and scoop mayonnaise and again fold the corn over itself. (I personally like to make sure the seasoning is thoroughly spread throughout)
7. Plate the corn and sprinkle with cheese and garnish with cilantro and paprika
8. Top with a black bean chip and serve!
Street Corn Dip
Street Corn Dip
Did you know that extra virgin olive oil is a delicacy? I personally wasn’t well versed in the various types of EVOO but I was able to partner with Flavor your Life Campaign and I was blown away by the history and true art it takes to create a flavorful product.
European EVOO like Zucchi has been produced and perfected over time in which I have to say, you can taste the attention to detail. The EVOO comes from a drupe fruit or European olive. It is made by pressing without heat and chemicals. You can taste the fresh and pure olive oil. I can’t wait to create more recipes with it as a base to some flavorful meals.
Next time you are making your grocery list, grab a bottle of European olive oil like Zucchi. You will be settled in knowing you are feeding those you love with the freshest and best flavor EVOO.
For more information and fabulous crowd pleasing recipes check out the Flavor Your Life Campaign. Be prepared to be hungry!
I received this product for free from Mom’s Meet. My post is my honest opinion of the product. Compensation was provided.
For more great recipes and party inspiration visit my Pinterest HERE.