These didn't last long in my household and I'm pretty sure they won't last long in yours. I wanted to recreate one of my favorite pancakes from the famous Snooze AM Eatery. I will never not get a delicious pancake from there or the OMG French Toast. I decided to try my hand and follow along a few dupe recipes but "doctored it" to better suit my tastebuds. Let me know if you decided to take the plunge and try it - I'd love to see!
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
¼ cup sugar
3/4 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup butter
¼ cup brown sugar
large can of pineapple slices in juice, separate and reserve the juice about ½ cup
Vanilla Cream Recipe
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of water
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of butter (unsalted)
1. Add flour baking powder, soda, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl and combine ingredients.
2. In the same bowl, add milk and 1/4 cup of pineapple juice, melted butter and vanilla. Combine all the ingredients and set aside.
3. In a small boiling pot, add 2 tablespoons of butter, brown sugar and the remaining pineapple juice (approximately 1/4 cup)
4. Bring to a boil while stirring and allow the sugar to caramelize. Remove from heat and let it rest.
5. In a frying pan add a sliver of butter to coat the bottom, followed by a light sprinkle of brown sugar. Place your pineapple ring on top of the mixture and allow it to cook for approximately 2 minutes. While cooking on one side sprinkle the face up side with additional brown sugar.
6. Flip the pineapple ring and scoop two large tablespoons of batter on top of the ring. It will eventually cover the entire pineapple. It will begin to form bubbles when it is cooking through.
7. Allow to cook for another 3-4 minutes (low heat!). Check the edges to make sure it is cooking through.
8. Flip one more time to ensure the pancake is intact and flip back over. Remove from pan and keep warm on the side.
Back to your boiling pot, you will want to make your vanilla cream in it. I pour all of the ingredients minus the water into the pot and stir. Once it begins to boil, I slowly add in the water to thin the mixture. Continue to let it boil until all the contents are smooth. Turn down to keep the mixture warm.
You are finally done! Plate your pancakes and drizzle the warm pineapple syrup and vanilla cream on top. If you really want to go all out add in some chopped pineapple chunks. Serve everything warm and ENJOY!