If you haven't noticed - I like pink. I do, however, have to say I do not have a favorite color because I truly do like most if not all. But there is something about the color pink that I always seem to gravitate towards...I still refuse to say it's my favorite color. Indecisive much?
These pink truffle deviled eggs are one of the only ways I will eat eggs outside of it being whipped or baked in a cake. I have always been a fan of my mom's traditional deviled eggs with a tangy taste but it wasn't until last year I had something along the lines of truffle eggs and I absolutely said "YUM!"
6 Large Eggs
1 teaspoon Truffle Oil
2 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
Pinch of Salt
3 dashes of Pepper
Chipotle Chili Powder & Parsley or Dill Flakes as Garnish
1. Boil eggs until hard about 6-8 minutes
2. Allow eggs to cool and remove the shell
3. Place whole eggs in a bowl filled with water and your choice of food coloring - I used one drop
of gel pink food coloring
4. Allow to sit for 5-7 minutes
5. Remove & Dry eggs gently
6. Halve eggs and remove yolk from center - your whites should have a colored rim
7. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl except garnish and truffle oil
8. Slowly drizzle truffle oil and fold into mixture
9. Taste and adjust as needed
10. Pipe truffle mixture into the center of your dyed eggs
11. Chill & Garnish before serving
12. Enjoy and try not to eat too many!
These didn't last long and are easy to make before an event to save time. Are deviled eggs a staple in your household? What's your family's secret recipe? Be sure to save the images to your PINTEREST board. Be sure to follow "Toast from the Host" over there too for more ideas and inspiration!