Stuffed french toast
Easter is right around the corner…and it “hopped” up on me (pun intended). I typically don’t plan too much for Easter except lunch after Church on Easter Sunday. Have to celebrate the resurrection of course!
I decided to get into the “social” holiday of Easter after being visually bombarded with literally some of the cutest items I have seen, from pastel to metallic eggs, faux green bunnies, bright colored baskets…the works. Then I thought about how brunch is life and decided to play around with different recipes of one of my favorite meals of the weekend.
I put together something pretty sweet (another pun…man I’m on a role) for Easter Sunday. Check out this brunch treat – Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast. Do I need to say that again? Girl….get your life this was delicious. I have never been a big french toast fan but let’s just say this took me to a whole other level. Before I dive into the recipe…let’s just have a look shall we?
Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
Okay…do you see that? The goodness oozing out…yea, go back and take a look, I’ll wait.
……………..okay you’re back. Where was I? Recipe! Yes…so check out the recipe below and be prepared for the best brunch toast of your life. You are warned and you are welcome.
French Bread, 1 package of Cream Cheese, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 1 – 2 tablespoons of sugar, 3 eggs, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries (save some for garnish), 3/4 cup of heavy cream, 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Slice french bread in 2-3 inch thickness and cut a “pocket” (don’t cut all the way through) on one side of the bread and set aside.
2. Begin to mix cream cheese, vanilla extract, strawberries and lemon juice for about 3 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, mix heavy cream, eggs and cinnamon
4. Drop two slices of butter to prep the pan
5. Stuff the cheesecake mixture into the “pocket” of the bread
6. Coat the toast with the egg batter mixture being sure it is all covered
7. After coating the stuffed toast, you’ll want to place it on the buttered skillet. This scent is heavenly by the way.
8. Fry each side until golden brown and continue the process until complete.
9. Serve warm with whipped cream, fresh berries and powdered sugar.
10. Drizzle with maple syrup and become addicted. Enjoy!