Do you celebrate Mardi Gras? Here at Toast from the Host we love most if not all celebrations and we couldn’t let Mardi Gras sneak up on you without giving you the tools on how to Host a Mardi Gras Party. Fat Tuesday comes a little later this year so this gives you enough time to get festive ready. Here are 8 MUST HAVES to “Laissez les bon temps rouler!”
Mardi Gras Themed Outfit - Sometimes mixing and matching all the pink, gold and purple is a hard job. Rather than stressing on your OOTD, I grabbed a super cute themed top by Shop Callie Danielle. From beads to masks and music notes, this shirt has all the party you need.
2. New Orleans Hurricane - There are so many recipes out there on how to recreate the famous Hurricane but I happen to really enjoy this recipe by The Lemon Bowl. It shows you the options on how to create a big batch cocktail which is perfect for a party! Here are a few items you need to make your drink recipe: Pitcher, Glasses, Stir Sticks/Garnish
3. Beads - Besides King Cake, beads are synonymous with Mardi Gras. It just adds another level of festivities to the Mardi Gras Party. You can go with a mix of colors but I like to stick with Mardi Gras colors of purple, gold and green.
4. King Cake - If you didn’t catch it from tip number 3, the delicious King Cake is another requirement. Short on time and need a quick recipe head over to Lousiana Cookin for a “Last Minute King Cake”. Here are a few items you need to make your cake: Baking Pan, Sprinkles
5. Colorful Decor - You may not have the same patio set like at Cafe du Monde but this simple garland decor is the perfect garland to place near your food tablescape or over a mantel. KnobaStudio has a DIY kit or a pre-made kit so whether you have the time or don’t you don’t have to skimp on decor. Here are a few items you need to make your party colorful: tape, tissue paper, scissors
6. Mardi Gras Twirlbox - Don’t let your guests leave empty handed or perhaps you need an addition to your sweets table. Twirl Cotton Candy Mardi Gras Twirlbox is the perfect addition to your New Orleans bash. With flavors like green apple, piña colada and grape there isn’t a tastebud that isn’t partial to this sweetness. Only available for a limited time so grab yours today!
Can’t wait to see how you celebrate Mardi Gras! Be sure to tag me in it so I can celebrate with you! Save this picture to Pinterest board!
#NewOrleans #MardiGrasParty #AshWednesday #MardiGras #FatTuesday